Blind Ambition – Winter 2019 Edition

Two men are standing at the entrance of Beyond Vision laughing. One is holding a white cane.

Integrated Workforce is Core of our Mission

51% of Beyond Vision’s workforce is legally blind or visually impaired. the other 49% bring various other talents and experiences to our Mission.

Our workplace is not a sheltered workshop. We offer competitive wages with full benefits to every single employee. And we don’t stop there.   Read more…


Accessible Workplace Empowers Everyone

Mary has a first aid kit open and is scanning a packet.

Beyond Vision’s Accessibility Team works to break down barriers and challenge the status quo. They look at everything from basic braille labeling of microwaves to creating tactile walkways because accessibility is a tool for independence.

Read more..


February is Low Vision Awareness Month

Low vision is any form of visual impairment that cannot be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, medication, or surgery. Having low vision can make activities like driving, identifying faces, reading, shopping, cooking, and physical navigation difficult to accomplish. Especially finding a job.

Millions of Americans are impacted by low vision.  The consequences of vision loss may leave people feeling anxious, scared, or even helpless.

By supporting Beyond Vision during Low Vision Awareness Month,
you can help people who are impacted by vision loss
continue to lead fruitful, independent and fulfilling lives.